Dimensions of the work : W.46 cm x H.66 cm
Limited edition of 4
- Techniques used: Embroidery
- Edition: Limited edition of 4 copies
- Support : Cotton fabric stretched on a frame
- Dimensions: H.66 cm x W.46 cm
- Signature : Work signed by hand by the artist on the back and stamped by VANGART
- Authentication: Sold with certificate of authenticity and possible NFT certification
- Frame: White American box in varnished wood
United Arab Emirates
Born in 1971 in Cairo, Rabab Tantawy did not directly turn to an artistic training, although she grew up in a creative environment with a mother who drew.
Initially self-taught, she experimented with traditional techniques such as oil painting, but also more contemporary ones such as spray painting.
Today, Rabab Tantawy lives and works in Dubai, where she is developing a flourishing career, both in the galleries and in the city.
A recognized artist in the Middle East, her work can be seen in urban peregrinations, including various frescoes in the style of her Nubian series, representing the inhabitants of this community on the Egyptian-Sudanese border.
His practice is a work on the image but also on the gesture: vertical and repetitive movements that oscillate between figuration and abstraction. One can recognize in his work a real influence of the artists Paul Guiragossian and Henri Matisse. These intertwined lines can evoke complex, moving crowds. Moreover, union, community and heritage are central to his approach. The artist's hand becomes the most faithful tool to transmit emotions, rhythms, wefts, through supple and sometimes more frank lines.
Join our community of collectors
And be warned in advance of the release of the works